- New Chinese attack helicopter makes maiden flight / Reuters
- Lawyers in Chinese megacity the new front in Communist Party’s push for greater control / SCMP
- Chinese police release video of rights activist to refute torture claim / Reuters
- Murder case highlights property money trail from China to U.S. / Financial Times (paywall)
- The trial of the Gang of Four — As history and current events / LARB Blog
Philippines says China stopped reclaiming contested land, receives $500 million for bridges – China latest political and current affairs news
Lucas Niewenhuis is an associate editor at SupChina who helps curate daily news and produce the company’s newsletter, app, and website content. Previously, Lucas researched China-Africa relations at the Social Science Research Council and interned at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York. He has studied Chinese language and culture in Shanghai and Beijing, and is a graduate of the University of Michigan.