SupChina wants a part-time intern to help bring the most important news about China to English speakers around the globe.
Top candidates must move through online information streams like a fish through water. You’ll curate news, help clean our copy, research and prep photos, lend a hand with the production of our newsletter and apps, and work on your own essays and articles. Your mission is simple: Help make our startup publication the go-to place for catching up on the latest and greatest info and analysis about Chinese business, politics and culture.
Our fast-paced, international team works online more than off, so you should be comfortable getting critical tasks done over email and Slack from your home in New York, Beijing, Shanghai or Hong Kong.
We’re excited to continue building SupChina. If you are too, send a résumé and brief cover letter to SupChina’s editors at email@example.com.
- Assist the editor-in-chief with daily editorial tasks.
- Find and summarize news from traditional media outlets and more obscure publications.
- Help with online outreach using social media, including Facebook, Instagram, WeChat and Twitter.
- Assist in producing newsletters, app updates and other content.
- Research and prepare photographs.
- Publish articles using WordPress.
- Based in New York, Beijing, Shanghai or Hong Kong.
- Ability to communicate in Chinese (Mandarin) is not required, but it is a plus.
- Refined writing and editing skills.
- Dedicated to growing an audience from the ground up.
- Comfortable staying connected with a global team via Slack and email.
- Comfortable performing independent research on the internet.
- Experience with Google Docs, Microsoft Office and a photo-editing program.
- Must be enrolled in a degree program or have graduated within the past year.
- Preferred majors are journalism or communications.