SupChina seeks a dynamic Sales Account Manager ready to lead our media company through its next stage of monetization growth as the editorial team continues to provide thoughtful, comprehensive and nuanced news and analysis about the business, politics and culture of a nation that is reshaping the world.
You need to form and execute a broad commercial vision while being unafraid to get your hands dirty with the nitty-gritty of putting together and co-managing a suite of advertising offerings to potential clients. You’ll oversee interns, and work closely with the talented partners who help make SupChina what it is today. They include Kaiser Kuo and Jeremy Goldkorn of the Sinica Podcast, the renowned National Geographic photographer Michael Yamashita, acclaimed freelance columnists for the Washington Post and the New York Times…
This is a high-profile, high-energy, high-opportunity position with a young company that aims to build the world’s best destination for keeping up with news from China. You’ll be joining a team of experienced journalists who have worked at publications that include the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and Financial Times.
Sales Account Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a robust pipeline and database of qualified prospects using traditional and non-traditional sourcing techniques and networking verticals
- Grow and develop an extended network of potential contacts to help identify and source qualified prospects
- Pre-qualify all potential prospects to make sure they’re a fit for the company’s programs
- Brainstorm and execute new advertising and business models
- Maintain relationship with prospects and clients through entire life cycle of program
- Stay informed of trends within the merchant cash advance space
Sales Account Manager Desired Skills & Experience:
We’re seeking energetic, enthusiastic individuals that are interested in a long term career with growth potential.
- Self Starter
- Outgoing Personality
- Ability to work in teams
- Understanding and knowledge of technical skills, MS Office, Google Office etc.
- Ability to leverage social media to market and obtain new leads
- Establish and execute broad editorial goals in conjunction with the SupChina team.
- Work with freelancers, staff and partners to conceptualize, edit and produce regular editorial content, including essays, articles, podcasts, photos, videos and data visualizations.
- Identify, evaluate and coordinate high-quality partnerships with other organizations.
- Collaborate with developers and the SupChina team to evolve and maintain its suite of products.
- Based in New York
- Mandarin speaker preferred but not necessary
- At least five years of experience
- Able to manage a growing staff
- Excited by and experienced in luxury advertising and business development
- Refined writing and editing skills
- Active on social media is a plus
- Dedicated to building upon and growing a loyal audience
- Comfortable staying connected with a global team via Slack and email
- Experience with Google and Microsoft Office
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and samples of their work to firstname.lastname@example.org.