Role: Community and Social Media Manager (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter)
About the Role
SupChina is looking for passionate and motivated Community and Social Media Manager to join our growing team. This person will work in our HQ in Dumbo, Brooklyn to oversee community management of and support audience engagement across SupChina’s community channels and in real life. Candidates must have excellent writing and communication skills and a passion for social media.
- Oversee the growth of SupChina’s global Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter accounts, including customer service and community management.
- Attend a variety of events (both during and after traditional work hours) to capture and/or create social media content.
- Strategize and create compelling content (written, photo, and video) for the Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Create, own, and control the content calendar for those platforms and the key influencers and stakeholders that touch them, both internally and externally.
- Own the strategy, content, training, and oversight of future community interns – and the playbook for Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Help execute strategic social media content and campaigns for new locations, events, and brand partnerships across Facebook and Twitter.
- Produce and execute Facebook Live streams consisting of both original content and major events.
- Monitor, track, and analyze the performance of social media posts across both channels and make recommendations accordingly.
- Liaise with internal teams, including in-house designers and photographers, to produce creative assets.
- Collaborate on new ideas, directions, and venues for social media efforts.
- Must have an interest in China, U.S.-China relations, and global news.
- Chinese speaking and reading highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or related field
- 3–5 years of social media experience in a professional setting
- Proactive, driven, and creative individual with strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with using all major social media platforms (specifically Facebook and Twitter)
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology
- Have an eye for design and photography, including keen instinct about what’s on-brand
- Must have experience creating content for social media
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must be comfortable building community online and offline.
- Experience with contests, polls, special promotions, and social media marketing is a plus
- Published writing examples
- Photography and video editing skills
- Photoshop and/or InDesign skills
- Strong personal social media presence (especially on Twitter)
Please send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.