- Opinion: Can China afford its Belt and Road? / Bloomberg
- Why did a Chinese peroxide company pay $1 billion for a talking cat? / Bloomberg
- Big data, Chinese surveillance, and Donald Trump could keep China’s biggest payments company from entering the U.S. / Quartz
- Home prices rise in fewer cities as more curbs imposed / Bloomberg
- Chinese insurer warns of defaults as ban on new products bites / Financial Times (paywall)
- Western banks eclipsed by China’s along the new Silk Road / Reuters
- Ivanka Trump criticized over Chinese factories allegedly paying $1 an hour / Bloomberg
Lucas Niewenhuis is an associate editor at SupChina who helps curate daily news and produce the company's newsletter, app, and website content. Previously, Lucas researched China-Africa relations at the Social Science Research Council and interned at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York. He has studied Chinese language and culture in Shanghai and Beijing, and is a graduate of the University of Michigan.