This week’s Sinica episode is now live. Hosts Kaiser Kuo and Jeremy Goldkorn talk to the Pulitzer Prize-winning Beijing bureau chief of the New York Times, Jane Perez, who closely followed and reported on Donald Trump’s November 8-9 visit to Beijing.
Among their conversation topics:
- Is Trump’s rapport with Xi Jinping genuine?
- How did his performance in China compare with his performance in Japan and South Korea?
- Were human rights discussed?
- Was Taiwan mentioned as a bargaining chip?
- What do Chinese leaders actually think of Trump?
- Was Trump’s “I don’t blame China” line intended as strategy, or an off-the-cuff remark?
- And, most importantly, how has this visit changed U.S.-China relations?