NEXT CHINA: How the Middle Kingdom Will Reshape Your World is a conference that will be held on Wednesday, January 17, 2018, from 8:30am (registration) to 6:15pm at The Times Center in New York City (620 Eighth Avenue). There will be five forums on Technology, Economy, Healthcare, Politics, and Philanthropy, followed by a live Sinica Podcast recording on “Cracking the China Conundrum.”
UPDATE, 1/13: We’re sold out.
UPDATE, 1/23: Video of the event now available.
The China we knew is gone. China is no longer the land of low-cost jobs and copycat products. From fintech, e-commerce, and stem cell research to AI, EV, on-demand bike rental, and facial recognition convenience stores, China is going to shake your world. The speakers will discuss the most important trends in China’s economy and politics, and highlight business and investment opportunities within technology and healthcare. They will also inform us about the political and economic implications of the 19th Party Congress.
Learn more and buy your tickets here. Use code NEWYEAR at checkout for a special discount.
Attend the NEXT CHINA forum to:
- Explore where China leads in tech and healthcare.
- Learn how China is banking on EV and AI growth.
- Find investment opportunities in ecommerce and online real estate.
- Discover how China’s demographic trends and commitment to improved healthcare are affecting its society.
- Hear leading economists explain the economic outlook for 2018.
- See where the decisions of the 19th Party Congress will take the country.
- Learn the pitfalls of conventional wisdom about China’s economy (podcast).
Hear some of the expert speakers:
- Cheng Li, Director, John L. Thornton China Center, Brookings Institution
- Elizabeth Economy, Director for Asia Studies, Council on Foreign Relations
- Steven Roach, Senior Lecturer, Yale School of Management, former Chair, Morgan Stanley
- Roberta Lipson, CEO, United Family Healthcare
- Vincent Mo, CEO, Soufun, largest online real estate company in China
- Shirley Wang/Walter Wang, CEOs, Plastpro and JM Eagle
- Yukon Huang, Senior Fellow, Asia Program, Carnegie Endowment
- Michael Chu, Co-CEO, L Catterton
- Michael Szonyi, Director of the Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies, Professor of Chinese History at Harvard
- Peter Walker, Senior Partner, McKinsey & Co
- Lulu Wang, Founder & CEO, Tupelo Capital Management
Learn more and buy your tickets here. Remember, use the code NEWYEAR for a special discount.